Saturday, September 7, 2013

proud to be HUMBLE

As I view the sun setting, it's a beautiful sight. The fading intensity of the sunlight. The filtered rays over the waters of the ocean. Its almost unbelievable that this same sun I am gazing at refused to allow me to do so just a few hours earlier. But now, as it sets over the horizon, I look in admiration, I stare in appreciation that it is at the time of its fading glory that the sun is a beautiful sight to behold.

I am talking about life. Life is a sun and the above description of a sunset is from a photo in a book I am reading, which book also happens to be the biography and burial service of one of those men who have left deep footprints in the sands of time. And as I read his biography and tributes from his friends and family members and business associates, I cannot help appreciate why I never knew him till I saw this book. His life was like the midday sun - extremely bright and view-able only by those who had special lenses.

And now as I contemplate all his greatness, there is one conclusion I come to:
if life is like the sun which will definitely set, then of all the things to be proud of, make it your most important source of pride to be PROUD to be humble.

No comments: